Design for orderly growth and future asset management.
- Plan ahead to allow adequate capacity for a harvest of mature fruit.
Prepare good soil.
- Develop a stable, nurturing environment, in which to be firmly rooted and grounded, for well-adjusted living and future success.
Fertilize to enhance production.
- Supplement theoretical concepts with practical learning experiences for a well-rounded life.
Weed out unintentional or harmful growth.
- Uproot and remove damaging attitudes, emotions and influences that choke healthy living.
Prune and thin for faster growth.
- Maintain purposeful action toward fruitful results by eliminating all non-productive endeavors.
Compost to recycle nutrients.
- Re-purpose what’s useful for improving and enhancing new areas of growth.
Protect from destructive pests and thieves.
- Maintain vigilance against all that comes to steal, kill, and destroy. Erect and maintain defenses to protect a healthy mind, body and spirit.
Provide infrastructure for support.
- Like trellises, vine poles, and walkways, specialized training provides routes to new opportunities and supporting ladders to new levels of productivity.
Welcome sunshine and storms for strength.
- Expect both good times and bad: both are needed to produce a healthy, disease- and disaster-resistant crop.
Partner for vital contributions.
- As regular garden visitors enable pollination, enlist trusted mentors to facilitate your personal and professional growth.
Allow time for germination and maturation.
- Good results take time. Embrace the process!